Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Issue with Appirater [With workaround]

I was adding Appirater to my game, however found a problem.

It works perfectly with iPad, as shown below:


However, when it's in iPhone, probably due to it's running in Landscape mode, there wasn't sufficient space to fit in both the title plus the message, therefore the message got cut-off...

I tried shorten the message, but then it would be very confusing. After some research, I found this post by Himanshu Sharma about how to change the font size, which is the most simplest solution for me. There are also others talking about creating fully customised alert view, but I think that's a bit too much for me. I just need a simple workaround to fit in my messages.

After a few adjustments, I shorten the message a bit, adjusted the font size to be smaller, remove the message body (use message as title), and got it sort of working as below. For iPad, I just leave it as it is.


If you look at the screen dump on Appirater site, you will see that it's in Portrait mode, that's why it can display the full message on iPhone.

If your game is in Landscape like mine, hope you find this work-around helpful!

Please let me know if there's any better way to fix this issue, as I really want the whole message title and body to be properly displayed in both iPad and iPhone without any workaround if possible.

0 comments:

Post a Comment